By Evan Vitale
It’s hard to believe how fast the year as gone by as we creep closer to the upcoming holiday season and the start of a new year.
However, before closing the book on 2015, you should take some time and reflect back on the past year and take a serious look at your business.
- Review the year and compare it with your business plans.
- Did you meet sales projections? If not, what factors stood in your way?
- How are your other “numbers” (expenses, salary costs, gross profit, net profit)?
- If you had to do it all over again, what would you change and why? Note: No regrets here; maybe the changes you wish you would have implemented in 2015 will be in your updated business plan for 2016.
- What did you learn in 2015? How will that help you in the new year?
- Did you enjoy your business in 2015? Do you still love your business and what you do?
Collect the necessary information and discuss further with your business coach or adviser. Also consider meeting with your accountant, banker and lawyer in reviewing 2015 and seek their advice for the upcoming year.
* * *
Evan Vitale on About.Me: http://about.me/evanvitale