By Evan Vitale
Now that you’ve started a business blog, the real work is ahead of you: coming up with blog ideas and writing blog posts on a regular basis.
Generating good blog ideas is something that all businesses struggle with when it comes to writing blog posts. However, in this blog post, we’ll take a look at some simple, “right-in-front-of-you” ideas that will help keep the juices flowing and the content coming!
Ready? Here we go:
- Write an historical blog post on how your company got started.
- Introduce your team and feature each one of your company’s employees (with a picture). Tell your readers what they do every day to help them. Customers like to learn more about the person they are talking to every time they call in an order or receive an e-mail.
- Write a piece on your facility. Is it new? Is it historical? Are you located in a unique area of town? One of my friends opened his first office in a building that was on the Historical Registry as it used to be a steamboat captain’s residence. The building featured a historical marker and was considered to be haunted by locals.
- Update readers about what’s new in your industry. Any industry news can be valuable information to your customers.
- If you attend any trade show events or conferences, you now have a ton of information for potential blog posts. Take pictures and publish them in your blog.
- Publish a weekly tip in your blog about saving money or time, etc. Consider making this a regular feature each week on Tuesday, for example.
- Write about your business neighbors. This creates goodwill towards other local businesses and helps potential customers find your location.
- Write about local events. One company always writes a Friday blog post about local weekend activities. It has nothing to do with his business, but he always shares local things “to do” with his regular blog readers. Guess what? People read it!
There are a million-and-one blog post ideas waiting for you. Time to start writing!