By Evan Vitale
The idea of starting a simple, easy and worry-free home-based business is a myth. It takes a lot of time, energy and, sometimes, more than a full-time commitment.
- A home-based business usually means less overhead.
- It’s an easier commute to your office.
- You’ll need to avoid “home” distractions and work on your business.
However, in some cases, home-based businesses aren’t taken seriously and sometimes home-based business owners fall into the trap involving “get rich” schemes that never work.
Instead, you’ll need to:
- Do your research before you start any home-based business. Check business trends and competition. Research and find similar home-based businesses in other cities and learn from them.
- Create a plan for your business including steps on what’s needed in order to be successful.
- Check with local, regional and state licensing restrictions involving home-based businesses. There are big differences in zoning laws if your business is website design rather than starting an auto repair business in your garage.
Remember, as with starting any business, consult with your accountant, banker and attorney. They can provide a ton of valuable advice and guide you in your home business start-up.
* * *
Evan Vitale on Slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/evanvitale