By Evan Vitale
As 2015 continues to wind down and we start to look forward to a fresh, new year, thoughts continue to rise on how we can continue to grow and improve our customer base.
Some business owners (believe it or not) find that the best way to grow their business is to trim some of their “lower level” clients in order to make room for bigger clients that can bring larger projects and more revenue to the company. Be careful if you use this method and don’t cull your client list until you have new projects in hand!
Other business owners are happy with the client load; have no plans to grow and like things “status quo.” This too, is a dangerous way to run a business. Lose a customer here or a customer there and your company is immediately in trouble.
If you don’t have enough clients and/or you want to grow your business in 2016:
- Figure out what is your ideal client/customer.
- Make sure you have a strong marketing plan in place that brings you the right clients.
- Attend local networking events and trade shows to get the word out about how your company can help other businesses.
- Based on your marketing budget, you’ll need to become more active online by writing blog posts, publishing videos and pictures, participating in social media, advertising and much more.
- Ask for referrals. Getting a referral from a current client is the best time of marketing you can receive. It’s invaluable!
Always be looking for ways to improve your marketing and sales methods in order to get new inquiries for your company.
* * *
Questions and answers by Evan Vitale on Quora: http://www.quora.com/Evan-Vitale