By Evan Vitale
We all want to see our business grow and prosper every day, week, month and year.
However, it’s always tough to predict things that might be out of your control: the weather, economy, holidays, lay-offs, budget cuts, etc.
One thing that can help is by following trends in your industry.
For example, a business columnist for the Arizona Daily Sun recently recommended that a individual who was starting a catering business should:
- Research and follow updates and news released by the National Restaurant Association.
- Visit the restaurant.org website to see what is happening regionally and nationally in the food industry.
- Avoid building your business around a fad.
- Keep in touch with customers and what they are seeking from your business.
- Identify the trends that will help shape your business.
- Conduct a thorough demographic and market survey as part of your business plan.
- Be flexible.
- Consider the past when conducting research.
- Follow trends in social media. What are your customers talking about in Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
You can read the full column here: http://azdailysun.com/business/columnists/watching-trends-helps-restaurateurs-succeed/article_d0ffd1fb-6668-539d-a0b1-ce752119d8d2.html
* * *
Evan Vitale was born and raised in Marlboro, New Jersey. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting and Business Law from the University of Miami. Evan is currently a Certified Public Accountant in Florida and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Evan currently resides in Orlando, Florida where he is an Account Manager within the Alternative Investment Services group of BNY Mellon and provides accounting services to hedge funds and private equity funds. Prior to becoming an Account Manager Evan was a Fund Accountant at BNY Mellon. In his spare time, Evan participates in many athletic activities and is a very avid hockey and baseball player and fan. Check out another blog by Evan Vitale at http://evanvitale.net.